- Promotes brain health and wellness
- Promotes post-synaptic neuron firing
- D5 provides 5-HTP, which supports a normal feeling of well-being, supports normal appetite and sleep, and normal memory and learning
- D5 provides L-tyrosine and Mucuna 40%, which promote normal control of movement, balance, motivation, and focus
D5’s balanced nutrient formula supports serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine production. Serotonin is associated with mood, appetite, sleep, memory, learning, and temperature regulation. Dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine (the catecholamines) are associated with control of movement, balance, motivation, focus, addiction and the drive for reward.
D5 has all the same nutrients found in NeuroReplete, as well as the addition of Mucuna 40%, a natural source of L-dopa. D5 is recommended when a healthcare profession determines that a patient would benefit from the administration of Mucuna 40%. NeuroReplete is the more commonly selected product. NeuroReplete and D5 should not be used together.
D5’s clinically researched formula addresses a critical area of neurotransmitter health that many formulas have overlooked — the need for balanced amino acid precursor administration. D5’s nutrients have been selected as the result of clinical research focusing on brain, gut and overall health that has continued over the past 20 years.
D5 recommended dosing (or take as recommended by your healthcare professional):
- 4 pills of D5 in the morning
- 4 pills of D5 4 to 5 hours before bedtime
No more than 8 D5 should be taken in a day due to hypervitaminosis.
Pregnant or nursing women should consult with their healthcare professional before taking D5 or CysReplete.
Side effects of D5 are general mild and typically only occur in a small percentage of the population. Side effects may include nausea, heartburn, gas and bloating.